Sunday, April 24, 2011

Birthday Thoughts

There is nothing that makes a person feel more lonely than to be left alone on your birthday. With my husband gone I thought maybe I would hear from some of our local friends - especially those who knew that Shawn was leaving yesterday, who would care enough to call and wish me a good day. But I heard nothing, even from one person who sold him my birthday present on Friday. That really hurts, especially when this person talks to Shawn on a regular, almost daily basis. So I guess "our friends" really translates into "his friends" and I am just included because I happen to be there.

So yeah, I am feeling pretty sorry for myself lately. With my dad here, and Shawn gone, and the limitations that puts on me, I can't even go out and have lunch with Erika or anything, so here I sit.

Happy Birthday to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment