Saturday, May 21, 2011

End of the World

So some believe that today is "Judgment Day". Since I have no doubt that I would not be one of those chosen to be taken off this earth before the ensuing chaos begins, I have contemplated what I would have liked out of this day. First off, my husband. He isn't here and if today were it, would he make it home to me? Then my kids and grandkids - I would want them all here. Worse, I have a grand-daughter I have yet to see. What if I never got the chance? These are the things that occupy my thoughts. Then, there are the wonderful people who I have counted as friends and the experiences we have shared. So I guess that if this were it I would have to say that I have had it better than most and that my only regret would be that my family couldn't all be together for it. Maybe not good enough to save me a spot in heaven, but probably more than I deserved and definitely enough to have made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment