Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm slipping

I have really slipped - it's been a long time since I posted anything. We've been busy, busy, busy! We had a graduation, two weddings, lots of cooking, a river float and lots of fun just hanging out with friends. My oldest son and my granddaughter got to come out for a week in June and it was so wonderful to have them here! The summer has been a bit cooler than in recent years, but we have had a couple of pretty good scorcher days also.

Sadly, we lost our beautiful German Shepherd Bella in June after she was hit by an ATV. The only pictures I had taken of her were just a couple of weeks before during Memorial Day weekend when she jumped up on a rock with Brandon near our camp spot. It was dusk and they aren't very good but it's all I've got. It reminded me of one important lesson - you never know when "I've got plenty of time" is going to turn into "There wasn't enough time". Every time I am near the spot where we buried her I think of it.

Note the important things in your life, document the memorable and live life so that you don't look back very often and say "There wasn't enough time."

No comments:

Post a Comment